A National ID Card – generally called the NID Card – refers to an identity card. Election Commission Bangladesh issues this ID card. A NID card also acts as a Voter Card in Bangladesh. One can easily participate to vote his known candidate.
Why Do Need National Card?
National ID Card Bangladesh is mandatory. You can’t do anything without this NID card. This card helps you to move from one place to another place. Let’s see some reasons to take national ID card.
- You can cast a vote.
- You can take a passport from Government, however, birth certificate may help in some cases.
- It can help you create bank accounts
- Helps in job security
- Helps in starting business, because you need trade license
- Helps to solve tax issues
- Driving license
- Utility acquire
So, we won’t argue with that we cannot live properly without national ID card in Bangladesh. It would be helpless and a foreigner in own country.
Eligibility For NID Card
According to Bangladesh Election Commission, if you are a Bangladeshi citizen, frequently lived in an area and before 1st January 2016 you are 18 or above but not registered as a voter yet, you may register as a voter. You will get Bangladesh National ID Card.
Here’s a list of requirements to obtain a NID card:
- Must be a Bangladeshi citizen and residing in Bangladesh
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a resident of an electoral area
Keep in Mind
- Government can issue only one NID card
- Only registered person may be able to get a National ID card
Requirement Documents For National ID Card
- S.S.C. or equivalent certificate
- Birth certificate
- Passport / Driving license / TIN certificate
- Utility bill copy/House rent receipt/Holding tax receipt – (as a proof of address)
- Citizenship certificate (as applicable)
- Father, Mother, Husband/wife’s ID card photocopy.
In some cases, you may need to fill up a special form for declared special areas.
Registration For National ID Card in Bangladesh
There are two major ways to register as a new voter and valid citizen in Bangladesh. You can apply to be registered through the online form fill-up or going to the nearby election commission. Here, I will show you how to apply online in the easiest way.
How to Apply NID Registration Online
#Step 1: Go to this Election Commission Bangladesh website link https://services.nidw.gov.bd/new_voter
#Step 2: Complete the form with required information.
#Step 3: Type all the information in Bangla Unicode except you Full Name.
#Step 4: Check all the information carefully after inserting by preview option.
#Step 5: Create a pdf file for that form, print out and submit that printed form in the nearby election commission center.
#Step 6: After verification of your information and address, your card will be delivered.
#Step 7: Collect card through giving the receipt copy.
Keep in mind, you must have an Email address and phone number to continue the process online in Bangladesh.
NID Card Validation
A National Identity Card is legitimate for fifteen (15) years from the date of its issuance. But every citizen needs to re-sign up at the least 6 months earlier than the expiry date of the identity card.